Here are the things that you must consider when writing news articles:
1. Choose your stories. Write something that is current and newsworthy. Depending on your beat, you can cover stories about entertainment, politics, sports, economy, etc. Just make sure that they're the latest news in your field and that they're worth your readers' time.
2. Gather information. You need to research your stories thoroughly before you start writing your news articles. This is usually done by interviewing people who are directly involved with your stories. Sometimes, you will also need to use traditional books to effectively inform your readers.
3. Presentation. Present your information in such a way that your audience would want to read them. I recommend that you choose an angle that will grab your readers' attention so you will not have a hard time getting these people to read your copies.
4. Language. It's not wise to experiment on the language to use when writing your news articles. Stick with the basics. Write using the language of your readers and those words that they can easily understand. Remember, these people are usually pressed for time so you better make sure that they'll be able to understand your stories without the need to read your articles over and over again.
5. Keep it short. It will work to your advantage if you learn the art of telling your stories using few words as possible. It would help if you widen your vocabulary by simply learning a word or two everyday. The shorter your news articles are, the better.